Terms & Conditions
Updated as at 11 April 2017
- The terms and conditions (the "Terms") set out below will govern your use of all of the pages maintained by Genera Films that comprise the Genera Films website (the Site). The Site is owned and operated by Genera Films Limited registered in England no. 10568836 at registered address 2 Masbro Road, London W14 0LT ("Genera", "Us", "We" or "Our"). Genera specifically reserves all rights to limit provision of Our products and services to select persons, countries or geographic regions.
- Please read these Terms carefully. By continuing to access and use the Site you are deemed to have understood and agreed to them. If you do not agree to them you must refrain from using this Site and any services available through it.
- This Site contains information, text, data, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trade marks and information about Genera and its partners and on the products and services it and they provide (the "Information").
- The Site, Information and Content (as described below) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis only and Genera does not give any representation, warranty, condition or other term as to its accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of the Content or Information. Genera has tried to ensure that all the Information provided on the Site is correct at the time of publication. However no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Genera for any errors, omissions, or inaccurate Information or Content on the Site. Further, Genera does not warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected.
- Genera accepts no liability for the results of any action taken on the basis of the Information or Content and all implied warranties, conditions and other terms including but not limited to the implied warranties, conditions or terms of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these Terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law. We do not attempt to exclude any rights you may otherwise have as a consumer that We cannot exclude as a matter of law.
- When you enter a Genera competition or otherwise obtain goods or services from Genera (including partner promotional and advertising space), Genera’s liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the performance or observance of its obligations to supply any of the foregoing under these Terms shall be limited to the amount of the price paid by you to Us in respect thereto.
- Without prejudice to clause 2.4, save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraud, neither Genera nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for any loss you suffer including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site.
- You accept that after you leave this Site (whether knowingly or not) Genera can no longer be responsible in any way for any material that you encounter and We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
- You indemnify and hold Genera and any of its officers, employees or agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from your use of, or conduct on, the Site, any provision or use of your Content and/or any breach of these Terms.
- You are solely responsible for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of your email verification and password. You must not share this information with any third parties. You must notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding Our Site that comes to your attention. Additionally, you indemnify Us against any unauthorised use of your User details, including use by a third party where you have allowed or facilitated access.
- You undertake to register as a User using accurate, complete and current information and to maintain and update any changes to that information. You acknowledge that permission to become a User is granted at the sole discretion of Genera and such permission may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Websites or web pages to which this Site is linked are for information purposes and have not been reviewed by Genera. We accept no responsibility for the content of such Sites or web pages, nor do we accept responsibility for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of your use of any links or reliance on the content of any website to which this Site is linked.
- When you access a website, through a link from the Site, you accept that it is independent from the Site and that Genera has no control over the content of the linked third party website. Accordingly a link to a website does not mean that Genera endorses or accepts any duty or responsibility for the content, accuracy or the use of the contents of such website. The content on third party websites may change without notice to Genera. You should take precautions to insure protection of your privacy as well as to insure against Destructive Features (as described below).
- You may not frame, link or deep-link this Site except for the home page to any other website without our prior written consent. Should you wish to frame or to set up a link / deep-link to our Site please contact email@example.com.
- COMPUTER VIRUSES, WORMS AND TROJAN HORSES
- Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to protect this Site (including Information and downloads) from computer viruses, worms, Trojan Horses and other such destructive features (the "Destructive Features"), we do not warrant that the Site is free from such Destructive Features and accept no liability for any damage that may result from the transmission of any Destructive Feature via this Site or via any files which are available for you to download from the Site. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Site or any service made available through it and that it is compatible with the Site. We give no warranty, condition or other term that the Information is compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND REPRODUCTION
- Except as is otherwise indicated on the Site, Genera and/or its licensors own the copyright in all the Information featured on this Site and all related intellectual property rights, including but not limited to all database rights, unregistered and registered trade marks, service marks and logos. You should not infer any affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement from the use of third party marks on the Site, as such marks are used solely to designate certain products or services as belonging to their owners. Nothing in this Site is intended to grant, by implication or otherwise, any licence or right under any patent, trade mark or other intellectual property owned by Genera or any licensor or third party.
- You are permitted to download, print, store temporarily, retrieve and display Information (but not audio-visual content) from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to the network) for your personal use or for internal use within your organisation.
- You are not permitted (except where we have given you express permission to do so or you are otherwise permitted to do so by law) to adapt, modify, copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, download, post, broadcast, transmit or re-transmit in any other way any of the Information on the Site.
- PARTICIPATING IN ONLINE COMMUNITIES
- If applicable, users of this Site may post comments and other content, questions, or other information ("Content") onto the Site, as long as the Content is not illegal, obscene, pornographic, abusive, threatening, defamatory, false, unreliable, misleading, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to Us or to third parties, or objectionable, does not consist of or contain any Destructive Features, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam" and does not bring the Site or Genera into disrepute. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Content. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any Content.
- If you do post Content on this Site, you grant the following rights to the following persons unless and until you remove your Content from this Site or notify Us of the revocation of this licence:
- to Genera: (i) a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Content throughout the world in connection with the Site; and (ii) the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Content unless you notify Us otherwise; and
- to each user of this Site, a non-exclusive licence to access your Content through this Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute and display such Content as permitted under these Terms.
- After posting your Content to this Site, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. The licence does not grant Us the right to sell your Content, nor does the licence grant Us the right to distribute your Content outside of the Site (other than to users of the Site).
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Content that you post; that, as at the date that the Content is submitted to Genera: (i) the Content is accurate; and (ii) use of the Content you supply does not breach any applicable Genera policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the Content is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify Genera for all claims brought by a third party against Genera arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through the Site. Genera does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Us prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Genera.
- YOUR FURTHER USE OF THIS SITE
You further agree not to use any Information on the Site except to the extent necessary to enable you to use the Site and the services provided through it. You shall not use the Site for any immoral or illegal purpose. In particular you agree that you will not upload any files that contain any Destructive Features or in any way damage, disable or impair the operation of the Site, or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site or to network connected to it, by hacking, spoofing or other such similar means.
- COMPETITIONS AND OTHER PRIZE DRAWS
If you are invited on this Site to enter any competition or other prize draw, entry is subject to these Terms which must be read in conjunction with the general and specific terms and conditions that apply to that particular competition or prize draw ("Competition Terms") and which will be deemed to be incorporated into these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Competition Terms, then the latter shall prevail.
- COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
In the event that you have any complaints or queries concerning our services, Subscriptions, Products, or about this Site generally, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 2 Masbro Road, London W14 0LT.
- CHANGES TO THE TERMS
Genera reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of this Site, the Information or these Terms. Should these Terms be amended, we will publish details of the amendments on the Site. It is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these Terms on accessing this Site. Failure to comply may lead to action being taken against you. By continuing to use the Site after we have published the notification you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.
- SEVERABILITY AND WAIVER
If these Terms or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining terms shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country. If you breach these Terms and We take no action against you, We will still be entitled to enforce Our rights against you in relation to that breach and to use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
- EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
Genera will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms (including in relation to supplying any Product or Subscription) caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation acts of god, war, terrorism or technical difficulties.
- FILE DOWNLOAD
Certain files of Information may be available for download from the Site. These files of Information are subject to these Terms.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to these Terms has no statutory or other right to enforce them, to the extent that any such right can be lawfully excluded.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Except for in the case of fraud, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Genera in relation to the subject matter.
- GOVERNING LAW
These Terms are subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.